Through the development of innovative and highly technological equipment and integrated solutions, ISTOBAL has been a key player in fostering an efficient consumption of resources in the car wash industry, while maintaining an excellent quality in the final wash. Therefore, working on sustainable chemical products that, with a top level of effectiveness, contribute to minimize its effect on the environment, has been one of the key priorities for our company.
The ISTOBAL esens® range of chemicals currently comprises around one hundred innovative products for washing all types of vehicles, covering all stages of the wash cycle. All ISTOBAL esens® chemical products use raw materials that meet the highest current environmental requirements and are recognised for their quality and sustainability, proving that they meet the highest demands in terms of effectiveness and environmental friendliness.
ISTOBAL is constantly promoting and strengthening the focus on quality, sustainability and safety in the formulations of its chemicals range:
- Following high quality standards throughout the chemical product manufacturing process, from conception to market launch. Proof of this is our strict compliance with current regulations and ISO 9001.
-Developing a chemicals range of top quality fully compatible with our equipment and all our materials, both during the wash and the maintenance processes at the car wash facilities. The goal is to ensure a high-quality wash, to obtain a positive user experience, and to considerably extend the life of the installation, increasing as a result the profitability of the operation.
- Advocating for the use of biodegradable surfactants, as well as favoring the use of chemical raw materials whose components are registered REACH Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals), minimising the use of non-biodegradable, sensitising, toxic and polluting substances, as well as phosphates and perborates, among others.
- Our chemicals packaging is made of 100% recyclable HDPE, contributing to the circular economy / In chemicals this is the most highly recyclable plastic that can be used today.
- The manufacturing process of our chemical products is certified, in accordance with ISO 14001, which is the most relevant environmental management standard worldwide.
- ISTOBAL's chemical products have various international certifications that guarantee their sustainability and washing quality, such as the Nordic Swan Ecolabel, the VDA quality certification awarded by the German Association of the Automotive Industry and the Austrian ÖNORM environmental quality certificate.
ISTOBAL Nordic Swan Ecolabel products
The Nordic Swan Ecolabel certification was established in the Nordic countries in 1989 to provide environmental labelling that contributes to sustainable consumption. The certificated chemicals must fulfill an ecological footprint in car washing and have a minimal impact on the environment throughout the entire life cycle of the product.
Nordic environmental legislation is the most stringent in the world, based on an overall goal to reduce the environmental impact from production and consumption of goods, that follows these criteria:
- They are synonymous of commitment to our customers and the environment, as the products comply with the highest standards of quality and continuous improvement. They meet strict environmental requirements in all relevant phases of a product's life cycle.
- All requirements are verified before a product is approved and ensures that the strictest requirements for environmentally and health hazardous chemicals are met.
This ensures that ISTOBAL certified Nordic Swan Ecolabel products meet these conditions:
- Our Nordic Swan products are formulated with non-dangerous raw materials, minimising water pollution load resulting from vehicle washing and its subsequent impact on the environment.
- They all are free of EDTA and its salts, phthalates, BHT, microplastics and nanoparticles, nitrilotriacetic acid, endocrine disruptors and any substances that are classified by the EU as "persistent, bioaccumulative and toxic" as well as substances classified by ECHA (European Chemicals Agency) as "very high concern".
- Volatile organic compound requirements are met, helping to contribute to better air quality by preventing the formation of tropospheric (ground-level) ozone / reducing ozone hole pollution.
- Our range of chemicals is free of phosphates and phosphate derivatives, preventing algae blooms in lakes and rivers, a phenomenon technically known as "eutrophication".
- The fragrances and dyes in our Nordic products are limited, therefore we make the resulting wash water fully recyclable.
- The Nordic Swan Ecolabel certification tightens requirements for goods and services continuously to create sustainable development regularly. This shows a commitment to highest quality to improve the wash experience. This is reflected in the constant updating of the requirements necessary to obtain this certification, such as the current upgrade obtained by ISTOBAL esens® range in generation 5 to the new generation 6 of products.
The current list of ISTOBAL esens® chemical products certified with the Nordic Swan Ecolabel includes the following products, covering all wash phases:
- Nordic Pre-Wash Insect & Rims 5317910
- Nordic Prewash Alkaline Extreme 5319210 and 5319225
- Nordic Shampoo Spa 5319110
- Nordic Active Mousse Spa 5319310
- Nordic Polish Wax Vanilla Plus 5319010
- Nordic Super Wax 5317610
- Nordic Rain Wax Plus 5317810
- Nordic Drying Wax Plus Hard Water 5319510
Washing your car with ISTOBAL´s certified Nordic Swan Ecolabel products not only means preserving the environment but is also a step towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (2030), included in the agenda of the United Nations Member States in 2015.
ISTOBAL combines the latest innovations and more than 70 years of experience to offer unique car wash products that get the most out of automatic and self-service integrated solutions, covering all vehicle washing stages. The perfect formula, the most efficient, safe and conscious with our planet, to always provide an extraordinary wash experience.